Whoever first came up with the feta watermelon situation qualifies as a genius in our book because it’s simple yet brilliant. And, while we don’t know who that person is, we know they were on to something good. This Pistachio Feta Watermelon Salad recipe takes that watermelon salad combo and raises it a notch with the addition of mint, pistachios, and a pomegranate molasses-balsamic drizzle.
It’s really adaptable so, if you’re not feeling the nuts, leave them out or add toasted pumpkin seeds instead. If dairy isn’t your thing, be sure to top the watermelon with really awesome sea salt. And, if you like it as is? Well, then we should really get together for a dinner party sometime soon!
Pistachio Feta Watermelon Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 mini watermelon (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons roasted and salted pistachios roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves large leaves torn
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Make The Pomegranate Molasses-Balsamic Sauce: Combine the pomegranate molasses and balsamic in a bowl and add enough honey to balance out the tartness (the amount will depend on how tart your pomegranate molasses is). Add a pinch of salt, and a crack of pepper, taste, and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Make The Salad: Peel the watermelon then cut into 1-inch thick slabs. Cut each slab up so you have some wedges. To serve, arrange the wedges on a platter, top with pistachios, mint, and cheese, drizzle with oil, a few spoonfuls of the drizzle, top with a pinch of salt, and serve.