We know, We know, it’s getting a little awkward so let’s talk about the elephant in the room.
We’ve got a thing for roasted red peppers in a major way and this Red Pepper Sambal Muhammara Dip recipe is why. We’re not sure why but muhammara has taken backseat to hummus in terms of Middle Eastern dips and we think it’s high time we change that.
This is red peppers, pomegranate molasses, walnuts, and more for a sophisticated dip that takes minutes to make. We like a good deal of spice, so we added sambal paste to mine for a little heat, a little sweet…all in all, it’s pretty perfect.
Red Pepper Sambal Muhammara Dip Recipe
- 5 medium roasted red peppers
- 3/4 cup walnuts toasted
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Sambal or Chile-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- Blend The Muhammara: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to an even but chunky consistency. As desired, mix in warm water in increments to achieve an easily spreadable consistency similar to a thick yogurt. Season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve with a drizzle of oil and your favorite crackers and crudités.