Toast is having a moment right now and no matter the style — avocado toast, smoked salmon toast, muhammara toast — we’re all about it. But if we had to choose, we’d probably go with this Toasted Brioche topped with whipped goat cheese and an Asian Pear Compote recipe.
Toasted Brioche with Whipped Goat Cheese and Asian Pear Compote Recipe
- 1 pound Asian pears peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 ounces (about 1) Fuji apple cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 lemon (1 tablespoon lemon juice)
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon stick
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese (aka chèvre) room temperature
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 loaf Brioche bread cut into 3/4-inch slices
- In a small saucepan add all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer for 40 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a heatproof jar or bowl; set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Cover and refrigerate and serve after chilled for at least an hour.
- When ready to serve using an electric mixer beat the goat cheese and heavy cream or milk together until light and fluffy. Toast brioche and spread whipped goat cheese on and top and spoon over pear compote and serve.