How we win at holiday cocktail parties? We choose one or two signature drinks instead of trying to be all things to all the people. This spiced, slightly sweet, and boozy cocktail is like the holidays in a glass! Cheers to the holidays with this Spiced Cranberry Pear Bourbon Cocktail recipe.
Spiced Cranberry Pear Bourbon Cocktail Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces rye or whiskey
- 1 1/2 ounces Spiced Pear Liqueur
- 1 ounce cranberry simple syrup
- Dash Peychaud's bitters
- Ice cubes
- Wedges mandarin oranges for garnish
- Make The Cranberry Simple Syrup: Combine cranberries, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until cranberries are tender but haven't burst, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Make The Bourbon Cocktail: Combine the rye whiskey, pear liqueur, cranberry syrup, and a dash of bitters in a cocktail shaker. Add ice to fill the shaker two thirds of the way, close, and shake until the shaker is frosted. Strain into a glass filled with ice, top with a wedge of mandarin, and serve.