The weather drops and I immediately think of punch for any and every festive gathering. Day of the Dead party? Punch. Fall Cocktail Party? Punch. Cookie Baking Session? Punch. And a lot of times it’s this Pomegranate Ginger Apple Cider Punch Cocktail recipe.
This Pomegranate Ginger Apple Cider Punch Cocktail recipe is an easy punch recipe that’s not too sweet, not too boozy, and just right for the Fall, this is made with pomegranate liqueur, ginger juice, apple cider, and sparkling wine.
Make sure to make the ice block and ginger juice a day ahead and then you can put the rest of it together as your guests arrive!
Pomegranate Ginger Apple Cider Punch Cocktail Recipe
For The Ice Block:
- 1 ripe pomegranate cut into sixths
- 2 medium clementines sliced
For The Ginger Juice:
- 5 inches peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup cold water
For The Punch:
- 5 cups chilled unfiltered apple cider
- 3/4 cup ginger juice
- 2/3 cup Pama pomegranate liqueur
- 20 dashes orange bitters
- 2 chilled (750ml) brut sparkling wine
- Thinly sliced Golden Delicious, Gala, or Pink Lady apples for serving
- Make The Ice Block: The day before serving the punch, arrange the pomegranate pieces and citrus slices in a small loaf pan, bundt pan, or baking pan. Fill with filtered water to cover the fruit and then freeze until solid.TIP: Plan to make the ice block at least a day ahead so ti has plenty of time to set.
- Make The Ginger Juice: Place 5 inches of peeled ginger pieces in a food processor or blender and add 3/4 cup of water. Process until smooth then pass through a fine mesh sieve and discard solids. TIP: You can make the ginger juice up to two days ahead — store refrigerated in an airtight container.
- Make The Punch: Combine the apple cider, ginger juice, pomegranate liqueur, orange bitters, sparkling wine in a large pitcher or punch bowl. To unmold the ice block, dip the pan in hot water until the ice block releases then gently place it in the punch. Serve the cups of punch topped with thinly sliced apples.