The holidays are just as much about relaxing as they are celebrating so be sure to make time for downtime.
I’m talking fireside with your coziest blanket, great company, and an amazing cocktail. Lately, that amazing cocktail has been this Ciderhouse Pear Cocktail recipe from Saveur but made pear flavored with the addition of pear juice and, one of my favorite fall flavors, St George Spirits Spiced Pear Liqueur.
Ciderhouse Pear Cocktail Recipe
- 1 gallon unfiltered apple cider
- 1 1/2 ounces good-quality bourbon
- 1 ounce unsweetened pear juice
- 1 ounce boiled cider
- 1/2 ounce Spiced Pear Liqueur such as St George Spirits
- Ice cubes
- Strips of orange peel for garnish
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
- Reduce The Pear Cider: Gently boil apple cider in a heavy-bottomed pot, stirring occasionally, until it has reduced to 1/8 the original volume (making 2 cups syrup), about 2 hours. Let cool to room temperature and store, refrigerated, in an air-tight container.TIP: The boiled cider can be made two weeks ahead - store refrigerated in an airtight container and bring to room temperature (at least until pourable) before using.
- Make The Cocktail: Combine bourbon, pear liqueur, pear juice, and 1 ounce of the boiled cider over ice and stir gently. If desired, light a match and flame the orange peel (check out this tutorial for tips). Twist orange zest and drop into drink, stir again, and serve.TIP: You don't have to flame the orange peel but it will give it a more distinct flavor (and looks cool when you make it)!