When it comes to team frozen margarita versus team rocks margarita, we pledge our allegiance to the margarita on the rocks flag, which is why this is the only frozen margarita on the site.
We don’t have anything against a frozen margarita, it’s just they’re too often icy or slushy or too sweet or flavorless. But that all changes when you make it using frozen fruit, which is why the only frozen margarita on the site is this one, the Papaya Mango Frozen Margarita Cocktail Recipe.
Papaya Mango Frozen Margarita Cocktail Recipe
For The Spicy Infused Tequila:
- 1/2 cup 100% agave silver tequila
- 1/2 jalapeño
halved for tequila
For The Frozen Margarita:
- 3 cups frozen mango pieces
- 2 cups cubed fresh papaya
- 1/2 cup jalapeño-infused tequila
- 1/4 cup Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- thinly sliced jalapeño chile
- Make The Spicy Infused Tequila: Place the jalapeno in the tequila and let soak for at least 30 minutes. Depending on the heat level you like, you can either leave the jalapeno in the tequila or strain it off and discard it.
- Blend The Margarita: Combine all remaining ingredients except a few slices of the jalapeno in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into serving glasses, garnish with jalapeno slices and serve.