Remember that time when I talked up how awesome Caipirinhas are? Are you now cursing me for having talked you into buying a whole bottle of cachaça with no way to use beyond those Sparkling Raspberry Caipirinhas? That kinda sucked of me, didn’t it? So that we’re square, I’ve mixed up another cachaça drink, this Mint Coconut Batida Cocktail recipe.
When I was in Brazil a few months ago, one of the cocktails I discovered was the batida. It’s like the Brazilian cousin of the daiquiri but with cachaça and, well, Brazilian. You’re supposed to make it with condensed milk but I can’t get into that ingredient. Instead, I just used a ton of two of my favorite ingredients – coconut and mint – to make this Mint Coconut Batida Cocktail.
You may have noticed, I’ve been on a bit of a mint kick lately. I blame it on my sister’s garden that’s cranking out mint by the meter but let’s be real: I also like it a lot. To make it, you throw everything in a blender but it’s comes out less like a daiquiri and more a super chilled drink you serve over ice. No matter what you call it, I say we blend one up because we’ve got summer in sight.
Mint Coconut Batida Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups lite or regular coconut milk (from 1 [15 ounce] can)
- 1 cup cachaça
- 1/4 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 30 medium mint leaves plus more for garnish
- 2 cups ice plus more for serving
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and thoroughly blended, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Serve over ice and garnished with additional mint leaves.