When it comes to getting our eating back on track, we turn to some of our favorite inspiring clean-eating sites and one at the top of that list is Love and Lemons.
Jeanine’s recipes are always easy-going but inspired kinda like the city of Austin where she lives. So, when it came to a healthy recipe for the holiday season, we went right to her.
For me, a reset meal has to be three things: healthy, delicious, and (most importantly) easy! This Sweet Potato Feta Quinoa Bowls recipe is my go-to fall meal. It’s made from just a few simple ingredients – perfect for a cosy dinner – be sure to save the leftovers for lunch!
Sweet Potato Feta Quinoa Bowls Recipe
- 1 medium sweet potatoes cubed
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach or other salad greens
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas drained and rinsed if from a can
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/4 cup whole raw almonds toasted and chopped
- 2 thinly sliced green onions (aka scallions)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon plus more to taste
- Roast The Sweet Potatoes: Heat the oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Roast until golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Make The Grain Bowl: Toss the roasted sweet potatoes with the chickpeas, quinoa, scallions, cabbage, feta, almonds, and salad greens. Drizzle with olive oil, the lemon juice, and pinches of salt and pepper, to taste. Toss and serve in bowls.