So many people think of Southern California and think all we eat are smoothies, juices, and salads.
These days there’s much more going on in SoCal when it comes to food, but, it’s true, we’ll always go for a good smoothie. One of my favorite places to get a smoothie is at Backyard Bowls, where everything is fresh and flavorful but never too sweet. I like the Tropical Ginger Smoothie so much that I decided to make my own version here! I called it the Santa Barbara Tropical Ginger Smoothie recipe. Cheers!
Go stock up on all your cooking essentials, then head into the kitchen, make this, and share it with us by tagging @saltandwind and #swsociety on social!
Santa Barbara Tropical Ginger Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango pieces
- 1 ripe fresh or frozen ripe banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tangerine peeled
- 1-inch fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup or other sweetener to make vegan
- Pinch of ground cinnamon for garnish (optional)
- For The Smoothie: Combine everything except cinnamon in a blender and process until smooth. Garnish with cinnamon and serve.