Nothing says celebration like something bubbly so, for this year’s award season, I’ve created this Blood Orange Pomegranate Sparkling Cocktail Recipe.
It’s made with seasonal ingredients, as bright red as the red carpet yet balanced enough that it can pair with a variety of finger foods. Of course, it’s also quite fabulous on its own so don’t feel the need to throw a whole party just for an excuse to mix one of these up.
Blood Orange Pomegranate Sparkling Cocktail Recipe
- 2 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
- Peel (with pith) from 4 blood oranges
- 2 vanilla beans
- 3/4 cup blood orange juice
- 1/2 ounce chilled spiced blood orange base
- 1/2 ounce Pama pomegranate liqueur
- 4 ounces bottle chilled brut Champagne or sparkling wine
- Dash orange bitters
- blood orange twist for garnish
- Make The Blood Orange Base: Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, diced blood orange peel and vanilla until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool off and steep for 1 hour. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, discard solids, add blood orange juice and refrigerate until cold.
- Make One Cocktail: Fill a chilled champagne flute halfway with ice water and let sit 30 seconds until chilled. Discard ice water then add 1/2 ounce each blood orange base and Pama pomegranate liqueur to the bottom of the flute. Top with 4 ounces chilled Champagne, add a dash of bitters, then garnish with a twist and serve.