This Pistachio Cranberry Honey Baked Cheese Appetizer Recipe is the black-tie version of grilled cheese.
While I’ve served many a mini grilled cheese in my day, this recipe is much easier to make and has a bit of panache and easy elegance that only a select few can pull off. It’s like the George Clooney of cheese appetizers if you catch my drift.
Pistachio Cranberry Honey Baked Cheese Appetizer Recipe
- 1 (8 to 10 ounce) Brie, Camembert, or other soft cheese
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 3-inch cinnamon stick or 2 crushed cardamom pods
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- Crackers or crostini for serving
- Heat The Oven: Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Bake The cheese: Place cheese in a small ovenproof baking dish and bake until still intact but cheese is melty and soft, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Toast The Pistachios: Meanwhile, place pistachios in the oven and bake until golden brown and toasted, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat honey with cinnamon or cardamom in a small pan over medium heat. When it comes to a boil, remove from the heat.
- Serve The Cheese: When ready to serve, place cheese on a serving plate, top with a few spoonfuls of the honey (discarding the cinnamon or cardamom) and a spoonful of the toasted pistachios and some dried fruit. Serve immediately with crackers.