As my final gift to you for the year, I wanted something you could serve to ring in the New Year and well beyond. So here it is: Blue Cheese and Pear Puff Pastry Bites that I’ve made not once, not twice, but three times in the last week because they’re seriously serious.
These Blue Cheese and Pear Puff Pastry Bites are a little sweet, salty, and majorly crave-worthy. So, no matter how you plan on ringing in the New Year (though I highly recommend including these Blue Cheese and Pear Puff Pastry Bites in your plans), have a great night, and cheers to more fun times together next year!
Blue Cheese and Pear Puff Pastry Bites Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion small dice
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves minced
- 2 medium ripe Red d'Anjou pears small dice
- 1 pound all-butter puff pastry dough thawed according to package directions
- 2 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- Make The Caramelized Pears: Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. When it shimmers, add the onion, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and stir to coat.Cook, occasionally stirring, until the onion is golden brown, about 12 minutes. Stir in the thyme and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat, stir in the pears, and set aside to cool briefly.
- Cut The Puff Pastry Rounds: On a clean work surface, lay out the sheet of puff pastry. Using a 1 1/2-inch round cutter, cut the pastry into about 48 rounds, and divide between two parchment-lined cookie sheets. Place one teaspoon of the pear mixture on each round and top with a few crumbles of cheese.
- Bake The Bites: Bake until the cheese is melted, the bottom of the tartlets are golden brown, and the puff pastry is cooked for about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.