We live by the philosophy that every rule has an exception (or at least it should). And while we’re generally anti-juices (especially if it’s the only thing you’re eating for a meal), we are more than happy to make an exception. And one such exception was at Rancho Pescadero where we fell head-over-heels for this juice. This Wake Up Juice recipe is a little sweet, totally refreshing, and just enough ginger to get you going, it was the ideal way to start our days there — along with their delicious banana bread and lots of coffee, of course!
Carrot, Orange, Pineapple Juice Recipe
- 3 ounces fresh carrot juice
- 2 ounces freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 (1-inch thick) spear pineapple
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 1/4 ounce agave nectar, brown rice syrup, or honey
- 1 small carrots
- 1 large fresh basil leaf
- Combine the carrot juice, orange juice, lime juice, pineapple, ginger, agave or honey, and a few cubes of ice in a blender and process until very smooth, about 1 minute. Garnish with a halved baby carrot and basil leaf and serve.