We’re big fans of the Classic Old Fashioned cocktail: it’s balanced, flavorful, and, when made right, hard to top. But we’re also equally big fans of quality tequila, which is why one of our all-time favorite twists on the Old Fashioned is this Tequila Old Fashioned Cocktail recipe.
The combination of aged tequila, grapefruit, and orange bitters all stirred together makes for a smoky, citrus-y twist on the classic that instantly has us wishing we were weekend-ing in Mexico City. Or at the very least eat a large plate of mole in Oaxaca!
Tequila Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- 1/4 ounce Demerara syrup
- 1 dash ANGOSTURA aromatic bitters
- 1 dash ANGOSTURA orange bitters
- grapefruit peel for garnish
- Large ice cubes
- To Make A Tequila Old Fashioned Cocktail: Combine all the ingredients in a rocks glass filled with ice. Use a bar spoon to stir until the mixture is well combined, the glass is chilled and the liquid is a touch cloudy. Squeeze the grapefruit over the glass, drop it in, and serve immediately.