Next time you’re hosting houseguests, kick up your curd game with fresh green notes from the garden.
Using a simple Strawberry-Tarragon purée, this pretty pale pink curd comes together quickly yielding a distinctive flavor that’s equally sweet and complex. Serve this Strawberry-Tarragon Curd Toast recipe alongside scones, toast, or crepes, layered between your favorite lemon or vanilla cake, or swirled into yogurt for a fancy treat.
Strawberry-Tarragon Curd Toast Recipe
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup unrefined granulated sugar
- 15 ounces Strawberry-Tarragon Puree
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 ounces unsalted butter cut into 8 pieces plus more for serving
- Strawberries for serving
- Tarragon for serving
- Make The Lemon Curd: Combine egg yolks, sugar, purée and lemon juice in a medium saucepan and whisk to combine. Using a wooden spoon, continue stirring, paying careful attention to bottom and sides of pan to prevent egg yolks from sticking. Continue cooking for 6 to 8 minutes until curd begins to thicken enough to coat the back of your spoon.
- Remove from heat and add butter, one tablespoon at a time, whisking constantly until thoroughly incorporated. Pour curd through a fine mesh sieve into a medium bowl and place plastic wrap directly over curd to prevent a filma film forming. Let cool at room temperature. Once cool, pour curd into jars, tightly seal and chill in refrigerator at least one hour before serving.Yields 2 cups curd.TIP: The curd can be stored up to two weeks in refrigerator.
- Serve: To serve, top a toast with a smear of butter, a spoonful of the curd, some sliced berries, and a bit of chopped tarragon.