Consider this like the Little Black Dress of salads — it works in any occasion from a formal dinner party to a light lunch.
ThisPomegranate And Persimmon Wild Rice Salad With Miso Dressing recipe came from very humble beginnings (aka me cleaning out the fridge) and then I started sharing it with everyone around me. First for a casual lunch with the bf, then a dinner with the family, and finally at this year’s Thanksgiving in attempts to make it a (slightly) healthier holiday.
It ended up being the star of the supper and, as such, it has been requested again for Christmas Eve — proof that I’m not the only person in love with this salad.
Pomegranate And Persimmon Wild Rice Salad With Miso Dressing Recipe
- 1 medium shallot
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 4 medium ripe Fuyu persimmons trimmed and small dice
- 1 cup roasted, salted shelled pistachios finely chopped
- 4 ounces packed baby kale
- Soak The Shallot: Finely chop the shallot then soak in ice water for at least 5 minutes before proceeding. Drain off water then proceed.
- Make The Miso Dressing: Combine orange juice, miso paste, vinegar, olive oil, honey, and shallot in a blender and process until the dressing is really smooth. Season generously with freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt, taste, and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Assemble The Salad: To serve, pour dressing over wild rice and stir to combine. Stir in pomegranates, persimmons, and half of the pistachios and stir until well coated in dressing. Just before serving, add greens and remaining pistachios and toss to coat in dressing.