Summer is officially here and long, hot days make me crave seafood classics like salt and pepper shrimp.
I wish we could meet up at a beachside town to drink delicious cocktails and lazily nosh on seaside treats but that’s not always the case. For a quick fix, I get a pan screaming hot and sear these peel and eat salt and pepper shrimp recipe and shake up a Hibiscus Berry Aperol Moscow Mules. It’s the next best thing to actually spending the afternoon at the beach.
Peel and Eat Salt and Pepper Shrimp Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola, grapeseed, or coconut oil divided
- 1 pound uncooked, unpeeled shrimp (about 20)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper divided
- 3 medium garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium Lime cut into sixths
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the oil, the shrimp, the salt, and half of the pepper in a bowl and toss to combined. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large wok or cast iron skillet over high heat.
- When wisps of smoke come off the cast iron skillet, add the pepper and shrimp and cook, turning frequently, until just pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cilantro and cook until garlic is golden and cilantro is fried, about 30 seconds more. Serve immediately with lime wedges passed on the side.