Not quite a classic Aperol Spritz, not quite a Garibaldi cocktail, but quite delicious this mezcal Aperol spritz cocktail recipe combines orange juice, Aperol (or Campari), and bubbly water for a refreshing summer sipper.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Surprise all of your friends on your next get together with this very unique drink. Everybody now knows what an Aperol Spritz is, and don’t get us wrong, we love it, but sometimes you want to try something new and exciting, well this mezcal Aperol spritz cocktail will get you and your friends excited!
These are the ingredients to prepare this mezcal Aperol spritz recipe:
- ice cubes
- mezcal joven or tequila
- orange juice
- cold club soda
- sliced blood oranges for garnish
- strawberries for garnish
How To Make A Mezcal Aperol Spritz Cocktail
These are the instructions to make this mezcal Aperol spritz recipe:
- Make The Spritz Cocktail: Fill a large wine glass with ice and add the mezcal or tequila, fresh orange juice, and Campari or Aperol.
- Garnish and Serve: Add a slice of orange and strawberries, the club soda, give it a stir and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Mezcal Aperol Spritz is a cocktail that combines the smoky flavor of mezcal with the bitter-sweet taste of Aperol, typically mixed with sparkling wine or soda water. It's a twist on the classic Aperol Spritz, offering a unique blend of flavors.
To make a Mezcal Aperol Spritz, mix together mezcal, Aperol, and a splash of sparkling wine or soda water in a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a slice of orange or a twist of lemon or orange for added citrus flavor.
What To Serve With This Recipe
This mezcal Aperol spritz is perfect for a cocktail party. We like to serve it with small bites like:
Mezcal Aperol Spritz Cocktail Recipe
- ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces mezcal joven or tequila
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 2 ounces Campari
- 6 ounces cold club soda
- slice blood oranges for garnish (optional)
- strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Make The Spritz Cocktail: Fill a large wine glass with ice and add the mezcal or tequila, fresh orange juice, and Campari or Aperol. Add a slice of orange and strawberries, the club soda, give it a stir and serve.