Things we crave when it’s cold out: loaded potato skins piled high with everything imaginable yet we’re just a little too lazy to make them ourselves. Instead, we like to make this Bacon, Potato, Blue Cheese, and Arugula Flatbread recipe with all the same ingredients and then some (baby arugula! blue cheese!) and because it’s just elegant enough that it can go from Game Day to date night without a hitch.
Now, go stock up on all your cooking essentials, then head into the kitchen, make this, and share it with us by tagging @saltandwind and #swsociety on social!
Bacon, Potato, Blue Cheese, and Arugula Flatbread Recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion small dice
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato small dice
- 6 ounces bacon slices (about 6 slices)
- 1 pound fresh white or whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low-moisture mozzarella
- 4 medium scallions (aka green onions) thinly sliced
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 1/2 cups baby arugula (about 2 ounces) for garnish
- 1/4 cup sour cream for garnish
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Heat oil in a nonstick medium frying pan and heat over medium heat. Add the onion and season with salt and pepper and cook until onions are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and cook until knife tender, about 12 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place bacon on a rimmed baking sheet and cook to desired doneness, 5 to 12 minutes. Remove to paper towel-lined plates to drain and set aside; crumble once cool enough to handle.
- When ready to assemble, on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper, roll dough into a 13-by-10-inch rectangle. Place dough and parchment paper onto baking sheet, pierce with a fork, and scatter mozzarella over the top. Scatter potatoes over the mozzarella, top with scallions, then blue cheese. Bake until potatoes are fork tender, cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into 10 or 12 pieces and top with bacon, then arugula. In a small bowl mix the sour cream and milk and drizzle over the pizza. Serve immediately.