The recipe is pretty awesome and well worth making on its own but we took the leftovers, added it with some day-old bread and this Mexican Corn Panzanella Salad was born.
It’s a totally veggie take, but add in shredded chicken if you want to make it more of a meal or take out the cheese and add more avocado to make it vegan. No matter how you make it give yourself a high five for switching up your kitchen routine!
Mexican Corn Panzanella Salad Recipe
- 2 medium corn cob husked
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil divided plus more for corn
- 3 medium shallots
trimmed and cut into paper thin slices
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces Crumbled feta or Cotija cheese
- 1/2 medium jalapeño chile thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 8 ounces French baguette or whole wheat ciabatta cut into 1-inch cubes and toasted
- 1/2 ripe avocado diced
- 1 pint sweet 100 tomatoes halved
- 2 handfuls baby kale spinach or arugula
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a grill pan or grill to medium heat. Cut kernels from 1 corn cob and toss with toasted bread, shallot, chile, white balsamic vinegar, and lime juice in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper then set aside until ready to use. Meanwhile, brush remaining ear of corn with some oil and grill, turning occasionally, until tender and charred in spots, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Set corn aside until cool enough to handle then cut kernels from cobs and add to reserved corn mixture along with avocado, cheese, cilantro, greens and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Toss to combine, season with salt and pepper, taste, and adjust flavors as desired. Serve.