Ever since I visited gorgeous Cartagena, I have found myself making this Halibut Ceviche With Mango And Avocado recipe whenever I’m dreaming of the Colombian sunshine and seafood. But, with mango, chiles, and coconut milk, this ceviche will more than hold me over until my next trip to gorgeous Cartagena.
Halibut Ceviche With Mango And Avocado Recipe
- 1 pound flaky white fish such as halibut
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño chile trimmed, seeds removed, and finely chopped
- 1 medium firm-ripe avocado finely chopped
- 1 ripe mango finely chopped
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Pinch kosher salt
- Tortilla chips or plantain chips, for serving
- Make The Ceviche Base: Combine the fish, lime juice, coconut milk, red onion, and jalapeño in a nonreactive bowl and toss until well coated (make sure the fish is all covered by the liquid).
- Marinate The Fish: Cover the bowl then refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 hours until flesh is opaque colored. Stir in avocado, mango, cilantro and large pinch of salt. Serve with tortilla chips or fried plantains.