I like a margarita on the rocks or a classic Cadillac because it’s the luxury car of margaritas, and the addition of premium orange liqueur makes all the difference to me. But this cocktail is inspired by a road trip I took from Los Angeles to Austin, which went down in a Mazda 5 rental, which is decidedly not a Cadillac margarita.
So, it seemed fitting to tweak the Cadillac on the road by adding a touch of Mexican soda and re-coining it the Mazda 5. I made this Spicy Guava Cadillac Margarita Cocktail Recipe with guava juice and a splash of soda for a Guava Cadillac of sorts at home.
Spicy Guava Cadillac Margarita Cocktail Recipe
- 6 paper thin slices jalapeño chile divided
- 2 ounces guava juice (can substitute Kerns guava nectar)
- 1 1/2 ounces good quality Añejo tequila
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- splash sparkling water
- Place two or three slices of jalapeño, guava juice, tequila, lime juice, agave, and orange liqueur in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake well until chilled and frosty, about 15 to 20 seconds. Strain into the glass, add a few ice cubes, and top with a splash of soda. Garnish with a few more slices of jalapeño and serve.