When it comes to the classic Mexican cocktail that is a margarita, I’ve got thoughts. I like mixing up a classic margarita on the rocks or a Cadillac Margarita recipe, but this Guava Margarita is inspired by a road trip I took from Los Angeles to Austin, which went down in a Mazda 5 rental. So, it seemed fitting to tweak the Cadillac on the road by adding a touch of Mexican soda and re-coining it the Mazda 5.
Why You’ll Like This Recipe
I made this Spicy Guava Cadillac Margarita Cocktail Recipe with guava juice and a splash of soda for a Guava Cadillac of sorts at home.
This cocktail is made with:
- Jalapeño chiles
- Guava nectar or Guava soda
- Añejo tequila
- Freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Agave nectar
- Orange liqueur
- Sparkling water
How To Make This Recipe
Here’s how to make this recipe:
- Chill A Glass: Fill a rocks glass with ice water to chill.
- Combine Ingredients In A Cocktail Shaker: Put the jalapeno slices, guava juice, tequila, lime juice, agave, orange liqueur, and ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake And Strain: Shake until chilled, dump out the ice water from the cocktail glass, then pour the margarita through the strainer into the glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish And Serve: Garnish with a few slices of jalapeno and serve!
Spicy Guava Cadillac Margarita Cocktail Recipe
- 6 paper thin slices jalapeño chile divided
- 2 ounces guava juice (can substitute Kerns guava nectar)
- 1 1/2 ounces good quality Añejo tequila
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier or Cointreau)
- splash sparkling water
Chill The Cocktail Glass:
- Fill a rocks glass with ice water and set aside.
Shake The Cocktail:
- Place two or three slices of jalapeño, guava juice, tequila, lime juice, agave, and orange liqueur in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake well until chilled and frosty, about 15 to 20 seconds.
Strain And Serve:
- Pour out the ice water from the rocks glass and add fresh ice. Strain the drink into the glass and top with a splash of soda. Garnish with a few more slices of jalapeño and serve.