On a recent trip to Paris, I had a drink at the undeniably chic Hotel L’Amour hidden off one of our favorite streets, Rue des Martyrs, in the 9th arrondissement.
Back when I lived there, this area was like the Brooklyn of the city, and, like its New York counterpart, it has become more mainstream but still just as amazing.
The drink I had was a ginger beet rum cocktail that inspired me to riff on it for Valentine’s Day and thus this Ginger Beet Martini Cocktail recipe was created, which gets a solid oui from us.
Ginger Beet Martini Cocktail Recipe
- 3 cooked baby beets
peeled and stemmed
- 1 medium Granny Smith apples
cored and roughly chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces ginger simple syrup
- 2 ounces freshly-squeezed lime juice
plus optional lemon slices for garnish
- Make The Beet Apple Ginger Juice: Combine beets, apple, and ginger with about 2/3 cup water in a blender and process until very smooth. Pass through a fine mesh strainer and add water until the mixture is a juice. TIP: Juice can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored refrigerated in an airtight container. Shake well before using.
- Make The Martini: Combine 2 ounces of the beet juice with 1 1/2 ounce vodka, 1/2 ounce ginger syrup, and 1/2 ounce lemon juice in a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake well until cocktail shaker is very cold. Strain drink into a coupe or Martini glass. Float a lemon slice on top to serve.