There was some seriously great food on our latest trip to Santa Barbara, but some of the dishes that stood out most were the simplest, like this Beet Carpaccio and Burrata recipe. It’s just as fitting as a light lunch, or as an appetizer at your next dinner party.
Beet Carpaccio with Burrata Recipe
- 4 medium beets
- 3 handfuls baby arugula
- 8 ounces fresh burrata cheese quartered
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice The Beets: If you prefer for the beets to be cooked, go ahead and boil or roast them until knife tender. Peel the beets and slice them as thinly as possible with a mandolin or the slicing blade of a food processor.
- Make The Vinaigrette: Combine vinegar, oil, sugar, shallot, and Dijon in a jar, add salt and pepper, close and shake until well combined. Dip beet into the dressing and taste, adjust flavoring as desired.
- Arrange beets, arugula, and burrata on a platter, drizzle with dressing and serve.