You’d think that Hollywood would be an anti-pizza world since it’s non-Paleo, full of carbs, and breaks every other dieting rule, but I live at an intersection of amazing and phenomenal when it comes to pizza with hitters like Mozza and the Oaks just a stones’ throw away. And while I’ll never have Nancy Silverton’s pizza dough skills or my very own boated-over-from-Italy-stone-by-stone pizza oven, I can at least bring on the flavors like with this Truffle Prosciutto Roasted Mushroom Pizza recipe.
Go stock up on all your cooking essentials then head into the kitchen, make this, and share it with us by tagging @saltandwind and #swsociety on social!
Truffled Mushroom Prosciutto Pizza Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted cremini and button mushrooms stemmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus more for garnish
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar plus more for garnish
- 1 pound fresh white or whole wheat pizza dough
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese plus more for garnish
- 1 cup shredded truffle cheese
- 4 to 6 slices thinly sliced prosciutto
- Roast The Mushrooms: Heat the oven to 450°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Combine mushrooms, olive oil, and rosemary on a rimmed baking sheet, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to coat. Place in oven and roast until mushrooms are shrunken, and browned about, 20 minutes. Discard the rosemary, drizzle with the balsamic, and toss to coat.
- Roll Out The Dough: Meanwhile, using a lightly floured rolling pin, place dough on a piece of parchment paper and roll to a 12-inch circle. Pierce the pizza dough in several places to prevent it from bubbling up unevenly. Top pizza with about half of the Parmesan, all the truffle cheese, then scatter the mushrooms on top. Add the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake The Pizza: If you have a baking sheet or pizza stone in the oven, use parchment to transfer pizza to the sheet or stone (alternatively put on a baking sheet and place in oven) and bake until golden brown on bottom and cheese is melted, about 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, place prosciutto in an ovenproof pan or another rimmed baking sheet and place in oven 5 minutes or until just crisp. Serve topped with crisp prosciutto and additional parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.