Next time you’re missing the sweet strawberries and verdant vineyard rows of Sonoma, treat yourself and the one you love to the simplest spring cocktail. With a hint of Pastis, the anise notes of the tarragon pack an extra punch for a sophisticated, refreshing drink that will bring you right back to wine country, the Springtime In Sonoma Cocktail.
Springtime In Sonoma Cocktail Recipe
- 1 ounce anise liqueur such as Pastis
- 6 tablespoons Strawberry-Tarragon Puree
- 3 ounces Hanson of Sonoma Organic Vodka
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ice cubes
- Fresh tarragon for garnish
- Sliced strawberries for garnish
- Pour 1/2 ounce of Pastis in each of two cockails glasses. Swirl to coat sides of glass with liqueur and then discard Pastis and set aside.
- Combine puree, vodka, simple syrup, and juice of one lemon in a cocktail shaker and top with ice. Close and shake until the shaker is frosted and cold to the touch, about 20 seconds. Fill the Pastis-coated glasses halfway with ice, strain the cocktail into the glasses then garnish with fresh strawberries and tarragon. Serve immediately.