Cherries, meet Sangria. Sangria, cherries. You guys will be best friends, I promise. I know so, because I’ve been pairing you for a few weeks now. Variations of this very drink have been concocted and I’ve been toting it about — from bike-in movies with friends to happy hour with my brother and even a celebratory birthday cheers. To say you’ve been well received doesn’t even begin to describe it because together you make for a subtle, not-too-sweet, but quite potent Ruby Red Cherry Sangria Cocktail recipe. The only problem? You’re almost too easy to drink.
Now, go stock up on all your cooking essentials, then head into the kitchen, make this, and share it with us by tagging @saltandwind and #swsociety on social!
Ruby Red Cherry Sangria Cocktail Recipe
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry rosé wine
- 1 cup chambord liqueur
- 1 cup 100% tart cherry juice (no sugar added)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Cherry Herring liqueur
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups sweet cherries pitted and halved
- 1 orange thinly sliced
- 1 Lime thinly sliced
- 2 cups chilled club soda
- Combine 1/4 cup of the Cherry Herring liqueur with everything except club soda in a pitcher and let sit at least 2 hours before using. Taste and add more Cherry Herring, as desired. To serve, fill a glass with some ice, fill 3/4 with sangria and top with club soda and serve.