Cherries, meet Sangria. Sangria, cherries. You guys will be best friends, I promise. I know so, because I’ve been pairing you for a few weeks now. Variations of this very drink have been concocted and I’ve been toting it about — from bike-in movies with friends to happy hour with my brother and even a celebratory birthday cheers. To say you’ve been well received doesn’t even begin to describe it because together you make for a subtle, not-too-sweet, but quite potent Ruby Red Cherry Sangria Cocktail recipe. The only problem? You’re almost too easy to drink.
Ruby Red Cherry Sangria Cocktail Recipe
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry rosé wine
- 1 cup chambord liqueur
- 1 cup 100% tart cherry juice (no sugar added)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Cherry Herring liqueur
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups sweet cherries pitted and halved
- 1 orange thinly sliced
- 1 Lime thinly sliced
- 2 cups chilled club soda
- Combine 1/4 cup of the Cherry Herring liqueur with everything except club soda in a pitcher and let sit at least 2 hours before using. Taste and add more Cherry Herring, as desired. To serve, fill a glass with some ice, fill 3/4 with sangria and top with club soda and serve.