Cheesecake is our thing. Well, around here, it’s cheesecake. And, when it’s Pumpkin Spice Season, these Pumpkin Spice Ricotta Cheesecake Bars are our cheesecake of choice.
Pumpkin Ricotta Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 1 pound pie dough
- Flour for rolling the dough
- 1 pound part-skim ricotta cheese room temperature
- 1 pound cream cheese room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup 100% pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground pumpkin pie spice plus 1/4 teaspoon for garnish
- 2 cups whipped cream for garnish
- Prepare The Pan: Heat oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Line the bottom of a 10-by-15-by-1-inch rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Roll Out The Dough: Lightly flour a work surface and roll thawed dough into a 18-by-12-inch rectangle. Work quickly to keep the dough as cold as possible. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and press it into the baking sheet (you should have a slight overhang of pie dough on each edge).
- Trim the dough so it just hangs over the edge of the baking sheet by a 1/4-inch then prick the bottom of the crust with a fork. Freeze the dough until it's chilled and set, at least 10 to 15 minutes (you'll need to freeze it longer — at least 30 minutes — on a hot day).
- Make The Cheesecake: Meanwhile, combine cheese, eggs, yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a hand mixer (or food processor), and process or mix until mixture is smooth.Pour all but 3/4 cup of the filling into the prepared crust. Mix remaining 3/4 amount of the cheesecake mixture with the pumpkin puree and the pumpkin pie spice until smooth.Drop spoonfulls of the pumpkin mixture on the top of the plain filling then drag a knife through the batter in a figure-eight to create a marbled patter. Bake until crust is golden and cheese mixture is just set on the edges but still wobbly like custard in the center, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve The Bars: Remove bars to a wire rack and cool. Mix whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice and set aside. Once cool, using a sharp knife dipped in hot water, cut into 24 or 48 squares. Garnish with whipped topping and serve.