Though I didn’t ever try more than an eyedropper full of the lemon-y after-dinner drink, the intensely sweet, floral citrus flavor stayed with me.
When I got old enough, I found I favored the more subtle crema di Limoncello (yup, that’d be cream mixed with limoncello). I decided to combine two cultures of summer refreshment and marry the age-old American ice cream truck creamsicle with a good dose of Limoncello for these very adult Limoncello Creamsicle Popsicles.
Similar Italian-Inspired Desserts
We have all sorts of Italian recipes on the site but here are a few desserts inspired by Italy that we love:
- Broiled Stone Fruit With Rosemary Honey, Whipped Mascarpone, and Amaretti Recipe
- Avocado Coconut Strawberry Semifreddo Recipe
- Orange Espresso Granita Recipe
Okay, now it’s time to stock up your pantry with all the Italian essential ingredients, then try your hand at baking this, and then share your creation with us by tagging @saltandwind and #swsociety on social!
Limoncello Creamsicle Popsicle Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup good-quality Limoncello
- 1 1/2 tablespoons loosely packed lemon zest from about 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 2 lemons
- Make The Popsicle Base: Whisk together heavy cream, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly about 10 minutes.
- Freeze The Popsicles: Stir in limoncello, lemon juice, and zest and pour into popsicle molds. Freeze until thoroughly set, about 10 to 24 hours.