Rachel shared this Lavender Bellini Cocktail chic recipe with us and, true to her style, it’s a twist on a classic that’s elegant enough to serve for a wedding toast yet easy enough to serve at an upcoming Sunday brunch.
Lavender Bellini Cocktail Recipe
For The Lavender Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried culinary lavender buds
For One Bellini:
- 3 ounces chilled Prosecco
- 1 1/2 ounces peach nectar
- Makea The Lavender Simple Syrup: Bring water and lavender to boil in a small saucepan. Once water boils add sugar while whisking until sugar dissolves. Lower heat and allow to simmer for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat, strain lavender flowers out of mixture, and allow to cool before using.TIP: Makes enough simple syrup for 16 drinks. Simple syrup can be made up to one month ahead and stored refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Make The Bellini: Add 1/2 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon lavender simple syrup to a champagne flute. (This amount depends on the sweetness of your peach nectar. Try the peach nectar and only a small amount if it is sweet.) Pour peach juice and top with Prosecco. The classic ratio is two parts Prosecco to one part peach nectar, but you can change it based on your taste. Garnish with a lavender blossom.