Look, sickness happens. And it always seems even more so around the holidays. Some swear by garlic toast, others by gargling salt water, but we are obsessed with electrolyte waters. Ever since we were sick earlier this year with a ferocious flu, we’ve been into electrolyte water and now make it after a hard workout, before we head on a long flight, and, of course, when we’re sick.
This Citrus Coconut Electrolyte Drink recipe is one of the simplest electrolyte waters made with coconut, citrus, and maple syrup. If you don’t have all three types of citrus, you can indeed make it with just lemons. We like the flavor combo or all three though!
Now, go stock up on all your cooking essentials, then head into the kitchen, make this, and share it with us by tagging @saltandwind and #swsociety on social!
Citrus Coconut Electrolyte Drink Recipe
- 2 cups water or coconut water
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ice for serving
- Lemon, lime, or oranges, sliced for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients except ice and sliced lemon, lime, or orange in a blender and process until well mixed, about 30 seconds. Serve the electrolyte water over ice with slices of lemon, lime, or orange.