A twist on the traditional Waldorf Salad recipe with shredded turkey, sweetened cranberries, grapes, celery, pecans, apple, and an incredible crème fraîche chive dressing. We call it the Shredded Turkey Cranberry Waldorf Salad recipe, but you can call it yours!
Shredded Turkey Cranberry Waldorf Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 ounce fresh chives thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 1/2 cups halved grapes
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup diced Fuji apple (can use another sweet apple)
- 1 cup pecans toasted
- 3/4 cup cranberries or 1/2 cup cooked cranberry sauce
- Cook The Cranberries: If you don't have cranberry sauce, you'll have to briefly cook the cranberries. Place the cranberries in a medium pan with 3 tablespoons of the maple syrup or honey and then cook over medium heat until the cranberries just collapse, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool briefly before using.
- Make The Yogurt Dressing: Whisk together the olive oil, crème fraîche, yogurt, vinegar, maple or honey, and a pinch of each salt and pepper. Stir in the chives, taste, and add more salt and pepper, as needed.
- Assemble The Waldorf Salad: Toss the turkey in the dressing until it is well coated then divide among serving plates and scatter each with the grapes, celery, apple, pecans, and cranberry and serve.