A twist on the traditional Waldorf Salad recipe with shredded turkey, sweetened cranberries, grapes, celery, pecans, apple, and an incredible crème fraîche chive dressing. We call it the Shredded Turkey Cranberry Waldorf Salad recipe, but you can call it yours!
Cranberry And Shredded Turkey Waldorf Salad Recipe
For The Cranberries:
- 3/4 cup cranberries or 1/2 cup cooked cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons Pure maple syrup
For The Yogurt Dressing:
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 ounce fresh chives thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
For The Turkey Waldorf Salad:
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 1/2 cups grapes halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup diced Fuji apple (can use another sweet apple)
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted
- Cook The Cranberries: If you don't have cranberry sauce, you'll have to briefly cook the cranberries. Place the cranberries in a medium saucepan with 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and 1/4 cup water. Cook over medium heat until the cranberries just collapse, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool briefly before using. TIP: Cranberries can be cooked in advance. Let cool and store refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Make The Yogurt Dressing: Whisk together the olive oil, crème fraîche, yogurt, vinegar, maple or honey, and a pinch of each salt and pepper. Stir in the chives, taste, and add more salt and pepper, as needed. TIP: Dressing can be made up to two days ahead of time. Store refrigerated in an airtight container and add the fresh chives just before usinig.
- Assemble The Waldorf Salad: Toss the turkey in the dressing until it is well coated then divide among serving plates and scatter each with the grapes, celery, apple, pecans, and cranberry and serve.