Oh, Balsamic Concord Roasted Grapes Recipe, where have you been all my life?
I always thought grapes were just fine as is until you came along. Blistered in a hot oven with sweet-tart vinegar and herbs, you’re like homemade jam without all the fussing and waiting.
While the Concord grape season is too short for our liking, we’ve realized our local Asian market has a similar Kyoho variety, which will carry you well into the Fall, which means you’ll be all over our holiday table.
Blistered Balsamic Concord Grapes Recipe
- 1 pound concord grapes (can substitute red grapes)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, thyme, or oregano leaves plus more for garnish
- Aged balsamic or sherry vinegar for garnish
- Sea salt for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper for garnish
- Heat oven to 375°F and arrange rack in the middle. Combine grapes, oil, and herbs on a rimmed baking sheet and gently toss to combine.
- Roast in oven until just starting to collapse and split, about 15 minutes. As desired, drizzle with vinegar, a pinch of salt, and some freshly ground black pepper and serve.