For this year’s Oscars, I wanted to share this gorgeous champagne cocktail – in addition to being a looker it’s got amazing flavor with a combination of the Hum spirit, fresh-squeezed sour mix, and brut Champagne, which makes for an exotic mix of cardamom, kaffir lime, and ginger flavors. This Red Carpet Glamour Cocktail recipe it’s a really flavorful, unexpectedly botanical cocktail and is definitely worth mixing up if you’re looking for something a bit more adventurous than the classic champagne cocktail.
Red Carpet Glamour Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups unrefined cane sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce Hum Botanical Spirit
- 1 Bottle chilled brut Champagne or sparkling wine
- Rose petals for garnish
- For the Fresh Sour Mix: Make a syrup by stirring together 1 1/2 cups sugar with 1 cup hot water until sugar is completely dissolved. Add 1 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice and 1 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice and refrigerate.
- For one cocktail: Fill a chilled champagne flute half way with ice to chill. Stir 1 ounce of Fresh Squeezed Sour Mix and 1 ounce of Hum Botanical Spirit with fresh ice. Strain mixture into the flute to fill 1/2 way and top with brut Champagne. Garnish with a single rose petal and serve.