When it comes to persimmons, we can’t stop won’t stop. The tomato-shaped fuyu variety are as at home in a salad as a roast as in dessert thanks to their honeyed almost pumpkin flavor. And there’s pretty much no easier way to serve them than this appetizer, as a Persimmon Burrata Caprese Salad recipe, which, let’s be real, is basically an excuse to eat persimmons and burrata in abundance.
Persimmon Burrata Caprese Salad Recipe
- 2 ripe Fuyu persimmons
- 3 tablespoons Roughly Chopped Toasted Hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar or pomegranate molasses, for drizzling
- Maldon sea salt or other flaky sea salt, for garnish
- 2 ounces fresh burrata cheese
- Prepare The Persimmon: With a small, sharp knife, trim the stem from the persimmon and discard it. Slice the persimmon into thin disks.Arrange The Salad Ingredients: Tile the persimmons on a serving plate and place the burrata in the middle. Scatter the hazelnut and pomegranate seeds around the plate and drizzle persimmons with half olive oil and balsamic vinegar or pomegranate molasses. Add a pinch of some good-quality finishing salt.Just before eating, cut the burrata in half, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and serve.