Our go-to recipe for pairing with roasts from beef to lamb and even salmon, don’t be put off by the tons of mint in this sweet-tart Minted Pomegranate Salsa recipe, it’s the key!
Minted Pomegranate Salsa Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups pomegranate arils
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh clementine, or mandarin, or tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses You can buy pomegranate molasses online or in most gourmet grocery stores.
- 1 tablespoon Aged balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- Make The Pomegranate Salsa: Combine olive oil, juice, pomegranate molasses, vinegar, shallot, and pomegranate seeds in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combined. Let sit at least 10 minutes before serving to allow flavors to meld. Stir in mint and citrus zest and serve.Yields 2 cups. TIP: The salsa (without mint) can be made up to 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use then stir in mint right before serving.