Lily of Clean Food Dirty City knows how to plan for delicious – this is her favorite granola to bake before a busy week – it’s free of gluten, refined sugars, and it’s super easy to make. It’s also filled with big clusters – the best part of granola! The trick to getting your granola to cluster and not crumble is leaving it alone once you place it in the oven (do not toss!), then letting it cool completely before you break it into pieces. Enjoy this Lily’s Everyday Granola recipe with any plant-based milk and fruit, on top of your favorite chia pudding, or even snacked on alone.
Now, go stock up on all your cooking essentials, then head into the kitchen, make this, and share it with us by tagging @saltandwind and #swsociety on social!
Lily's Everyday Granola Recipe
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raw (unsweetened) coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (we like goji berries, chopped dried apples, or chopped dried mango)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup Pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.Combine the oats, almond, coconut flakes, pecans, dried fruit, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Pour the coconut oil mixture onto the oats and mix well. (Don't be afraid to mix with your hands!) Spread out evenly on the baking sheet and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. Halfway through, turn the pan around but do not toss. Let cool completely before breaking the granola into large clusters.