Cuba is the home of the Mojito so I thought I would make a new version of the classic refresher with this Cucumber and Ginger Mojito Cocktail recipe.
Cucumber and Ginger Mojito Cocktail Recipe
- 2 medium limes quartered
- 2 medium Persian cucumbers ends trimmed
- 24 medium fresh mint leaves plus more for garnish, if desired
- 8 ounces white rum
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles chilled ginger beer
- Cut cucumbers in quarters lengthwise then, using a spoon, scape out the seeds of each piece into a Tom Collins glass or other tall, narrow glass. Reserve cucumber quarters for garnish.
- Place 2 lime quarters and 6 leaves of mint in each glass, then muddle using a muddler or the base of a wooden spoon. Add a handful of ice cubes and top each drink with 2 ounces of rum and 1/2 cup ginger beer then stir. Garnish each glass with reserved cucumber spears and extra mint leaves and serve.