A bourbon twist on this cocktail that is so classic it is said to predate the Sidecar Cocktail. This Bourbon Crusta Cocktail recipe is so good, you will most likely come back to it more often than you think.
Bourbon Crusta Cocktail Recipe
- 1 medium lemon
- Granulated sugar
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces good-quality bourbon or rye
- ice cubes
- To Sugar The Crust Of The Cocktail Glass: Prep the cocktail glass by filling it with ice water. Right before you going to serve the drink, discard the ice water. Then take the cut side of the lemon half and rub into around the outside of the cocktail glass from the rim to about 1/4-inch below the rim. Place the sugar on a flat rimmed plate then press the edge of the glass into the sugar and repeat until you have coated the whole outside edge of the glass in sugar.
- To Make The Horse's Neck Lemon Garnish: Grip the bottom of the fruit with one hand securely. Beginning at the top of the fruit, use your other hand to press a Y peeler or channel knife into the fruit, while firmly working your way around it. Wrap the lemon peel into a coil then drop it into the glass.
- To Make The Bourbon Crusta: Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice then add in the lemon juice, Luxardo maraschino liqueur, and the bourbon or rye. Close the shaker and shake until condensation forms on the outside, at least 20 seconds. Strain the drink into the cocktail glass and serve immediately.