You could slave away all day over an elaborate meal for Valentine’s Day, you could go frilly and fancy, but that’s not what your Valentine wants. If your Valentine is like ours, he (or she) is inclined to “manly” flavors—spice, bacon, and beer—in which case this Bacon and Sriracha Chicken Sandwich recipe is perfect. A little like a club sandwich but a lot better just be sure to serve it with a good IPA for a knock-it-out-of the park meal. Plus, it takes minutes to prepare, not hours, which means more time to concentrate on the romantic stuff.
Bacon and Sriracha Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 1/2 ripe firm-ripe avocado
- 4 (1/2-inch) slices ciabatta bread toasted
- 6 pieces cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or other chile garlic paste
- 8 ounces cooked chicken shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 handful baby spinach
- Mash the avocado until spreadable and then spread on two slices of bread then top each slice with 3 slices of bacon.
- Mix mayonnaise and Sriracha and taste — add more Sriracha until it's to the spiciness you like. Stir the chicken into the mayonnaise mixture and taste, adjusting flavor as desired. Layer on spinach and close sandwich and serve.