Sometimes the simplest recipes are our favorite — case in point this Meyer Lemon Chive Crab Bites recipe that are as familiar as your favorite crab salad yet fancified enough for your holiday cocktail party.
Meyer Lemon Herbed Crab Bites Recipe
- 1/2 pound cooked crab meat shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium celery stalk minced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 Meyer lemon or regular lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard (ideally whole grain)
- Kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or parsley or tarragon or a mix of all three, plus more for garnish
- 1 bunch radishes or Persian cucumbers, ends trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick on the bias (can use endive leaves instead)
- Maldon sea salt or other flaky sea salt, for garnish (optional)
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil for garnish (optional)
- For The Crab Mixture: Break crab up with a few forks until all the meat is evenly shredded and bite sized. Place in a nonreactive bowl and mix in the celery, lemon juice, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, half the lemon zest, and herbs in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper, taste and add more sour cream and mayonnaise, if desired.
- To Serve: Top each radish slice with a small spoonful of the crab mixture then garnish with some zest, herbs, and a pinch of sea salt. Add in a few pomegranate seeds and a drizzle of olive oil, if using, and serve immediately.