It’s time to talk Martinis.
Our key to mastering holiday entertaining is to put a festive twist on a classic cocktail, preferably one that can be just as easily made for a party of ten as a party of two.
We haven’t given Martinis much love around here because we kind of assume I’ve all been there done that. But, when our friends at Juliska offered up this gorgeous Martini set, it got us rethinking this classic cocktail.
There are as many variations as there are glasses you can serve it in but here are our tips for a classic Martini (with help from our friend Jeffrey Morgenthaler’s essential resource, The Bar Book):
- Stir don’t shake: Sorry, but James Bond had it wrong on this one. You want to stir it just until everything is thoroughly chilled.
- Use premium ingredients: Whether you like it with gin or vodka, olives, or a twist, is up to you but make sure you use top-notch ingredients.
- Including your ice: Yes, even your ice should be made ill — as in, with filtered water not tap.
- Garnish to your liking: A citrus twist or an olive garnish are classics but garnish as you please.
- Glassware: The right glassware makes it even more elegant and having a nice Martini set makes it even more impressive when you have company.