It’s hard to improve upon classic popcorn but this Cinnamon Chipotle Spiced Popcorn recipe does just that. Made with ground cinnamon, chipotle powder, sugar, and salt, it’s sweet, salty, and spiced, and totally crave-worthy. While you can totally make it ahead, we love it best when it’s fresh-popped.
Cinnamon Chipotle Spiced Popcorn Recipe
- 1/4 cup mild olive oil or ghee
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup canola, grapeseed, or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 tablespoon unrefined cane sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Make The Flavored Oil: Heat the olive oil or ghee in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until just heated through, about 1 minute. Stir in the spices and remove from heat.
- Make The Stovetop Popcorn: Add a few popcorn kernels and the canola or coconut oil to a large (at least 4 quart) heavy-bottomed pot and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once the kernels have popped, add the remaining half cup of kernels, cover, and shake the pan over the heat constantly until there is a few second pause between popping and almost all the kernels have popped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finish The Popcorn: Transfer popcorn to a large bowl big enough to mix the popcorn. Mix the spiced oil well then drizzle half of it over half of the popcorn. Add additional popcorn and drizzle with the remaining oil. Using your hands, mix through until the popcorn is evenly coated. Then sprinkle over sugar and salt and mix. Taste, adding more salt or sugar as desired, and serve.