If your go to packaged oatmeal is Apple Cinnamon, this recipe is for you. It takes just a few more minutes than the package but is way less sweet, healthier, and, to be honest, tastes better too! Start your day off great with this Apple Cinnamon Coconut Oatmeal recipe.
Apple Cinnamon Coconut Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium Golden Delicious, Gala, or Pink Lady apples cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Pure maple syrup
- 2 cups coconut milk or another milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Toasted coconut for garnish
- Toasted walnuts for garnish
- Cook The Oatmeal: Heat the coconut oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. When it melts add the apples and cook until they just begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and maple syrup and cook until the syrup bubbles, about 30 seconds. .
- Add the coconut milk and raise the heat to bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the oats the reduce the heat to low and cook until the oats are cooked through, about 8 minutes. Cover and cook a couple minutes longer for creamier oatmeal. To serve the oatmeal, spoon it in a bowl and top it with coconut, nuts, and additional maple syrup as desired