I’ll admit it: it took me a while to get onboard with the Overnight Oats thing. The first versions I tried were bland, mushy, and boring. But when my fiancé started training for a marathon, I got serious about it so that he could carb load healthily. And after layering flavors from maple syrup to almond butter and coconut, I got onboard.
This fall I’ve been topping it with the season’s fruit from nutmeg-dusted pears to these cinnamon-sprinkled persimmons. And I’ll keep it up because as the holiday shopping, wrapping, decking, and cooking begin, it’s all the more reason to start the day off right with this Persimmon Pepita Streusel Overnight Oats recipe.
Persimmon Pepita Streusel Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups vanilla almond milk or your favorite nut milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons all-natural almond butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Pure maple syrup plus more for garnish
- Pinch chia seeds
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/3 cup roasted salted almonds or cashews roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons pepitas
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ripe Fuyu persimmon sliced
- Soak The Oats: Combine oats, almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, chia, and a pinch of salt and mix until the oats are moistened. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to eat, at least 8 hours.
- Make The Nut Streusel: combine the nuts, pepitas, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. To serve, top with the streusel, some sliced persimmons, and a drizzle of maple syrup.