This Mint Lime Southern Sweet Tea is a great recipe that’s a twist on traditional Southern Sweet Tea made with green tea, lime, and tons of fresh mint.
Mint Lime Southern Sweet Tea Recipe
- 8 cups cold water
- 8 green tea bags
- 1 1/2 cups unrefined granulated sugar
- 1 bunch fresh mint plus more leaves for garnish
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice plus lime wedges for garnish
- Ice cubes
- To Steep The Mint Tea: Place the water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over high heat. Remove from heat, add the tea bags and mint, cover, and let steep for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once the tea has steeped, discard the tea bags, add the sugar, and stir until the sugar has completely dissolved. Let cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator to cool completely, about 2 hours.TIP: The tea can be made through this step up to 4 days ahead of time.
- To Finish The Sweet Tea: Once the tea is cold, remove the mint and stir in the lime juice. Taste and adjust with more lime juice or sugar as desired. Serve over ice with a sprig of mint and a wedge of lime (if using).Yields 8 cups tea.