Welcome to Salt & Wind! We're a food travel lifestyle company created by food and travel expert, Aida Mollenkamp in December 2014. The company started with saltandwind.com, our food travel online magazine. As of 2017, we launched our boutique group travel arm, Salt & Wind Travel.
Online or IRL, we're here to help you taste the world!
Our first love is food but we travel to get insight into everything that makes a place unique: the independent makers, the culture, fashion, and wellness. We believe everyday should have an air of vacay, whether you’re out on the road or cooking in your kitchen, so everything we create—from travel guides to wellness tips to shopping and travel-inspired recipes—is aimed to help you live a more delicious and inspired life.
If we're going to be hanging out, we think there are a few things you should know about us. Here at Salt & Wind we have a mantra that we follow no matter if we're at home or on the road:
- We search out the local neighborhoods that make a place special from the unique boutiques to dive bars
- We think local, even when we're traveling the globe so we do our best to highlight local makers
- We believe in eating and cooking real food so, sorry, but no deep-fried candy bars here
- We love cooking recipes inspired by a place (even if we have yet to get there IRL)
- We like to stay active so we're always looking where to workout or walk when we're on the road
- We believe cocktail hour and good coffee are our god-given right
WORK WITH US
Salt & Wind is built for and by a community of food and travel lovers so, if you have something to say, please let us know! We're always looking for amazing photographers, writers, and recipe developers—to pitch us, please review our Editorial Guidelines then reach out to us at edit [at] saltandwind [dot] com.