Julia, Julia... how are your words of wisdom always so perfect? It's true, "A party without cake is just a meeting," and the same could be said about spring -- without its bright pops of color, Spring would just be another few months of winter! Her quote and this pin inspired us to think pink this week, and we're glad to see the internet was thinking the same.
We're not really girlie-girls - pink was never our favorite color - but who could resist the gorgeous shades and tones of these pins? (That rhubarb!) We can't deny that pink injects life into whatever it touches, so it's perfectly suited to welcome in the season and freshen things up a bit. Not to mention, there's a flattering shade out there for everyone, and it suits all of these photos just fine as well.
The pins, in order from top to bottom:
1. Julia Child Quote - Maybe meetings should include more cake?
2. Spiced Braised Rhubarb Compote - I cannot wait for the season's first stalks of rhubarb - this recipe from SAVEUR has me ridiculously excited.
3. Baked Vanilla Bean Frosted Doughnuts - If these showed up anywhere within 50 ft. of me I wouldn't be able to resist -- too cute.
4. Solange In Pink - Matching your outfit to your apartment has never struck me as a good idea, and then Solange comes along.
5. Pineapple Paper - Must find something to paper with this immediately!
What were some of your favorite pins this week?