Happy holidays, friends! The month ahead is by far one of my favorite times of year but it can also get to be super overwhelming, especially if you're entertaining. Which is why we want to talk Martinis. Our key to mastering holiday entertaining is to put a festive twist on a classic cocktail, perferably one that can be just as easily make for a party of ten as a party of two.
We haven't given Martinis much love around here because we kind of assume i've all been there done that. But, when our friends at Juliska offered up their gorgeous Martini set for a holiday giveaway (details below), it got us rethinking this classic cocktail. There are as many variations as there are glasses you can serve it in but here are our tips for a classic Martini (with help from my friend Jeffrey Morgenthaler's essential resource, The Bar Book).
- Stir don't shake: Sorry, but James Bond had it wrong on this one. You want to stir it just until everything is thouroughly chilled.
- Use premium ingredients: Whether you like it with gin or vodka, olives or a twist, is up to you but make sure you use top-notch ingredients.
- including your ice: Yes, even your ice should be made ill — as in, with filtered water not tap.
- Garnish to your liking: A citrus twist or an olive garnish are classics but garnish as you please.
- Glassware: The right glassware makes it even more elegant and having a nice Martini set makes it even more impressive when you have company.
Duration: Contest closes 11:59pm PST December 1, 2015.
Who Can Enter: Open to legal residents of the contiguous United States and D.C., 18 years of age or older. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode island, and where prohibited.
How Winner Will Be Chosen: The winner will be chosen at Random.org and will be notified via instagram by December 3rd so make sure to check your instagram inbox! You will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Fine Print: Salt & Wind is hosting this giveaway so you can experience these products for yourself. i are in no way being compensated for this giveaway and the companies in the giveaway have generously provided the prize. Click here the full list of official rules.
Did you know we lead boutique food and wine tours for food lovers? Come join our next Salt & Wind trip!
P.S. If you liked this story, you'll probably like our newsletter too!